Wednesday, September 13, 2006
painfully frustrating
yesterday was a painfully frustrating day. it started off when i woke up feeling like something ran over me. my throat hurt, my head hurt, my nose was running and i was sneezing. on top of that, my entired body was sore from monday's workout). court and i did our thirty minute walk anyway, because we are motivated to stick to our goal! when i got to school, i really did not want to be here. i had to wait around on the other counselor to finish with her testing so that we could meet about something. as i was waiting, my assistant principal called me and asked if i would cover one of the exceptional children's classes for thirty minutes because the teacher had a meeting and the assistant had something else to do. i was a little dumbfounded that i was asked to do this. subing for classes is not part of my job and i don't really feel qualified to help with that class especially. a lot of those kids have extremely special needs that i am not trained to help with. besides, this messed up my schedule even more and required me to do more waiting. however, i was not going to say no to my boss, so i did my duty. as i was almost to the classroom, i ran into the teacher who was coming back from her meeting- she said "oh, i don't know if asst. principal told you or not, but we aren't going to need you." so i had walked all the way up to the other building with my entire lower body screaming at me "STOP MOVING!" for no reason at all.

on my way back down to my office, i saw asst. principal and she said "i guess you figured out that we aren't going to need you, but could you cover this 1st grade class at 11:40 instead?" and what did i say? "yes, i think i can do that" (even though i do NOT even have 1st graders this year and i am NOT a substitute teacher) so up and down the hall i walk with muscles aching that i never even knew i had. and remind me again why i decided to wear heels yesterday when i felt like crap all over?

so... at 11:40 i march myself up to the 1st grade hallway (which is again in the other building) only to find that the class is not in the room. i walk back down to the gym to find asst. principal and she claims she does not know where they are either. i walk back up to classroom...still aren't there. i find out they must be outside on playground. in my lovely heels, i walk across the school and out to playground. not only do i find the class ready to come in, i find the substitute teacher clueless as to why i am out there (she thought she was helping until the real teacher got back). it turns out i was not needed anyway!!!! i could rip any of the kids' heads off by this point and of course they are acting like lunatics. the substitute teacher ends up staying with me and the class as we walk them back inside the building, back down the hallway to the bathroom, and then back to class. as we are about to head to lunch, real teacher comes back and i hobble my way back to the other building to crash in my office and take a breath before i have to go BACK to the other building for my 2 second grade classes of the day.

by the time my two classes are over, i am about to melt and it is time for me to rush away from school and make it to the doctor on time. my doctor's appt. is at 3:00. i am still sitting in the waiting room at 3:50 with snot running out of my nose, my head spinning, leaned up against a pole almost asleep. in the hour that i have been sitting there, i have observed a lady on crutches faint and the EMS workers come to take her to the hospital. at least that kept me occupied for awhile. i have a physical therapy appointment in the same office at 4:00pm and i had it at this point so i decide to walk up to the counter and ask. the lady who i thought was nice before, informs me now that my dr. is running 45 minutes behind today (remember, it is now 3:50 and my appt was at 3). she also so kindly informs me that i have been sitting in the wrong area of the waiting room. um, hello, if she has been sitting there watching me for the last 50 minutes, why does she feel the need to tell me this now? so, i ask her what i should do and she calls over to the physical therapy desk. they decide that i should go to physical therapy and then my dr. might be ready to see me.

thank goodness my physical therapy person was waiting for me in the waiting room. i could've given her a hug! i do physical therapy for an hour. it is the most painfuly session i've had yet. she did some major deep tissue massage that felt like someone was ripping at my muscle with dull scissors. she increased my weights. she made me stretch in places that haven't been stretched in a year since my running stopped. she told me i would need to ice it right away. i could barely get up off the table and walk away.

when we were done, she took me to my dr.'s side of the building, where they sat me in a chair and i had to wait some more. key point: it was 5:00pm now and my appt. was at 3:00pm. they said "oh, you'll be next" and i waited 15 more minutes. the nurse took me in the room, asked me questions and said the dr. would be right in. she came about 5 minutes later and talked to me for about 5 minutes. this is the dr. i praised last time on my blog for being so nice and genuine. i will NOT do that today. all she wanted to do was get out of there and to be honest, that was all i wanted too.

after i left the dr.'s visit from hell, i decided i needed to get some soup from panera to sooth my throat and hopefully make me feel better. i waited in line behind some lady who was ordering for her office of 15 and they were out of basically every other thing she wanted. she was really rude. the girl at the register beside hers ended up helping me, but then the lady's cashier could not figure something out, so my cashier left in the middle of my order to help the lady. i was standing there waiting patiently until another cashier came out from the back to help me.

i then waited for what seemed like an eternity to get my food
1. because the lady with 15 orders was in front of me
2. because my 1st cashier who left me for the lady with 15 orders had typed my name in as "wieni" instead of "whitney" and the guy calling out the orders had no idea how to pronouce that (do you blame him?) so he kept calling out the number "355" (and of course my ticket did not have a number on it, because the 1st cashier did not give me the correct ticket). i even questioned it when he called out "355" and no one was coming, but then another guy came up and read the ticket and called out "freeman" (i have no idea where that name came from)

once i got my food it was cold, i was tired, and i needed to get home before i did something harmful. i iced my hip/groin, took at warm bath and went to bed at 7:00.

it was a painfully frustrating day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home