Wednesday, September 06, 2006
mind over "fat"er
this weekend seth came up with this name for an exercise program. he is such a dork, but i have to admit it is kind of funny. i'm trying out a new exercise program myself today. since i started here, i've been asked several times to come to a class at first christian church in kernersville with some of the other teachers. last year i was dealing with all the mess with my hip and i was never able to go. i've decided to try it out this year though and the new classes start today. the class is called "ultimate conditioning" and the description says "this class gives those who want to get in shape a fun, fast way to do just that. this class integrates cardio, weight training, step, aerobics and yoga." i think it will be a good thing if (1) my hip cooperates and (2) i stayed motivated enough to go. it only costs $18/month to go to their family life center and there are classes all the time and you can use the weight room, the pool, etc. my other option is to do yoga at school twice a week for $18/month. that starts on monday. there are pros and cons to each and i keep going back and forth. i guess i'll see how the class goes today and then make up my mind. i'm also paying $24 twice a week to go to physical therapy and lift weights and walking with court and jonathan three mornings a week. i would like to get back in shape so that i can fit into my clothes and i would like to live a healthier lifestyle. i am ready to make my move after a year of complications with my hip. i'm glad i have court and jonathan around holding me accountable for walking in the mornings and i hope the teachers will do the same with these afternoon exercise classes. team work is such a good thing :)


1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Yes, teamwork is a good thing. No matter how much I hate going, it does make me feel awesome inside when I am done and when you say, "You did good!"

Post a Comment

<< Home