Thursday, August 10, 2006
not quite babysitting
My body still hasn't adjusted to this time change thing. I almost always wake up before my alarm goes off, but today was quite the opposite. I slept through it going off for about 10 minutes and when I realized what it was, I contemplated not even turning it off and going back to sleep. I've also been yawning all day long. I guess even with the suggestions from Real Simple, my body is going to take awhile to adjust back to EST. At least today was an easy day babysitting (not that it is ever that difficult... Rachel and Joe are two of the best kids I've ever met). We did the usual breakfast in front of the TV, got dressed and made beds. Then Kurt, the neighbor's ("Uncle Bill") grandson came over to play for awhile.

After lunch, Rachel and Joe when over to their neighbor's house to play. These three girls are so sweet. They are from Lebanon and were visiting family there all summer. When the recent war broke out, the girls were stuck there with their mother and their father sat by the phone until he was able to get them home. Anyway, while they were playing I got to read my book, relax and watch Days of Our Lives (I know, I know it's a rediculous soap opera, but I've been watching it for as long as I can remember and can easily catch up even if I haven't seen it in months. It's terribly addictive!) I do feel guilty when they go over there though. Basically, I am getting paid to do nothing.

When the kids got home from their play date, we went to the library to watch Curious George. Now I was a little disappointed, because I thought it was going to be the real movie that came out in theatres earlier this year. It was; however, a series of short little stories about that "curious" monkey. The kids did get to make a cute paper monkey and a big yellow hat to take home. Rachel met a little girl from China there and they wanted to stay and play all afternoon. Now if you know me well enough, you know that I never complain about spending time in a library or book store.

Well, all of this to say that tomorrow is my last day of summer babysitting for the Greenlands. I can't believe that 5 weeks are up already! I will certainly miss them, even though I will babysit occastionally at night. I still feel so lucky to have found such a wonderful family last May. If I can, I'd like to continue watching them every summer until they are grown :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home